Sunday 17 January 2016

Walsall 2 Bradford City 1 - Archive

Milan Lalkovic regrets listening to advice that lured him away from fans who treat him like a San Siro legend.

Winger Lalkovic, 22, netted his fifth goal of the season before joking:

"I like scoring in front of our fans and when they shout 'Milan, Milan' it's nice. It's like watching one of my favourite teams, AC Milan, because that's what they shout as well."

Slovak Lalkovic spent one season on loan with the Saddlers when he was with Chelsea, but opted for a move to Barnsley when he was released by the Premier League outfit. He admitted:

"I listened to some voices I maybe shouldn't have. Fortunately I kept in touch with the gaffer and so when I had the chance to return in the summer, I was happy to take it."

Hot shot striker Tom Bradshaw, 23, opened the scoring and is hoping to add to his twelve goal haul this season against former club Shrewsbury tomorrow (Tuesday). He said:

"I backed myself after five games without a goal that I was going to get back n the scoresheet and I have done. Someone told me that if we win 4-0, we go top. It's nice going into the game with some form. Hopefully I'll be able to score at least one."

Walsall boss Dean Smith was delighted with his side and especially Bradshaw and Lalkovic. He said:

"Tom took his really well. For Milan’s goal it was a great ball, a great touch and a great slot as well."

Manager Phil Parkinson saw midfielder Lee Evans pull City level, but refused to be downbeat after watching an unbeaten run of ten games end. He said:

"It's horrible to lose. The lads are disappointed, but we've we've had a great run and the league is very tight."

No comments:

Post a Comment