Sunday 8 February 2015

Bristol City 4 Notts County 0 (old reports - catch up)

Joe Bryan helped City to top spot and sent a message to the chasing pack: Catch us if you can.

Winger Bryan, 21, opened the scoring as the Robins ripped County apart before saying:

"It puts the onus back on Swindon and two other teams dropped points so we just need to keep doing what we're doing.

"We don't need to focus on the other teams. We know we're good enough to see out the season and keep winning."

Striker Matt Smith, 25, added the second - his ninth in five games - before revealing he would like to extend his loan deal from Fulham. He said:

"I'm really enjoying it. They're a brilliant set of lads and the manager's been great with me. I'd like to stay, but I genuinely don't know what's going to happen. It's up to Fulham. It's their prerogative. If they want me back, I have to go back."

Full back Derrick Williams, 21, wrapped up the rout after man-of-the-match striker Jay Emmanuel-Thomas had added a third. 

Emmanuel-Thomas has warmed the bench for most of the campaign, but Williams said:

"When he's on his game, he's pretty much unstoppable and I'm happy for him. He hasn't had the easiest of seasons, but now he's back on track."

Robins boss Steve Cotterill revealed the attention he is getting from the Ashton Gate faithful is making him blush. He said:

"When they sing my name I have a little bit of banter and say they're not singing it loud enough. I keep it going and it keeps the buoyancy going around the ground, but it's a bit embarrassing really. If they want to sing someone else's name I'd be happy with that as well."

County chief Shaun Derry admitted:

"We were left wanting a little bit at times."


No comments:

Post a Comment