Monday 9 August 2010

A mixed first weekend for the clubs on my ‘patch’ – Mixed Bag

I was at Swindon to watch last year’s play-off finalists lose at home to Brighton while the two Bristol clubs both lost by three goals; Rovers at Peterborough and City at home to Millwall. Meanwhile Northampton fell to Torquay after a long coach journey to the south coast in holiday traffic (I wouldn’t have fancied being on that bus on the return trip!) and Reading lost at home to Scunthorpe in the Championship.

My clipping from this morning's copy of The Sun

Oxford managed a goalless draw away to Burton on their return t League Two while Cheltenham managed a 1-1 draw at Gillingham.

At least Hereford and Wycombe managed to chalk up wins away at Crewe and at home to Morecambe respectively.

I’m off to watch Oxford play Bristol Rovers in the Carling Cup tomorrow and so will have splinters in my arse after sitting on the fence in the press box!

I managed to get along to see Oxford in their victorious play-off final win at Wembley and have to say that they looked better than a lot of the League Two sides I saw last season.

1 comment: